Monday, December 19, 2011

DJ Spooky-Rhythm Science

In this piece of reading I found it very interesting how he spoke about how the notion of creativity and originality and blurred today. There is so much of a mash up of sounds, music, knowledge, art already in our existence what we make is a lot of the same pieces of our naming something or remaking of something already in existence. Copies and repetition are embraced and manipulated to create new names for something. As it says in the article, quoting Goethe, "Our country, our customs, laws, our ambitions, and our notions of fit and fair- all these we never made, we found them ready made; but we quote them". This reminds me of my how the found objects I collect create my work and my sense of understanding what they found pieces used to be which enforce my ideas and my artwork created from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment